Would You Recommend Keeping Seasonal Content Online And

Talk about search engine forum.
arijitkumar

Would You Recommend Keeping Seasonal Content Online And

Post by arijitkumar »

Would you recommend keeping seasonal content online permanently and updating it? Or are there exceptions? An example is 'pending' job postings - a 'valid until' expiration date should be added to the structured data - could Google still sanction job postings like this that are still online but "pending"? Bjorn : For job postings, there is an “expired” markup that I would definitely use. When I worked on the Swiss online auction platform Ricardo, we had a lot of auctions that were only running for seven days. Illustrator Art Work We built a static page that displayed items that were about to expire. For individual ad URLs, we embedded a canonical on the static page, which had a very positive impact on our SEO visibility.

Marcus : I would always group announcements into overview pages. Here you can view active and expired job vacancies. Then, even if a listing is out of date, the overview page will not lose its ranking. 21. Addressing regional topics by creating country-specific content, even without using hreflang and using only appropriate domains, does it really work? Illustrator Art Work Marcus : According to Google, it's supposed to work even without hreflang. However, Google sometimes struggles with this, so I would always use hreflang. Bjorn : We currently have a client who had country-specific domains without hreflang, and they weren't ranking well with those domains. We have no hreflang implemented and it works much better! 22. How quickly does Google detect improvements to a website? I often hear "next update"?

Bjorn : Previously , with Google updates like Penguin, it could take up to a year for changes to a website to affect its rankings, as they would only be considered by Google on the next iteration of the update. Illustrator Art Work outside. Marcus : If Google even vaguely knows your website, then every change should be recognized very quickly these days. If you're looking for help with your SEO and content strategy, why not make an appointment with our digital strategy group? We will be happy to see where our consultants can help you.