Here’s How Austin Kleon Writes

Real time phone number list discussion.
Jannat12

Here’s How Austin Kleon Writes

Post by Jannat12 »

Here’s How Austin Kleon Writes Steve Jobs famously misquoted Picasso when he said, “Good artists copy; great artists steal.” What Picasso really said was, “Art is theft.” T.S. Eliot said something far closer, “Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal.” I learned all of this from Austin Kleon, bestselling author of Steal Like an Artist, a guide I recommend to all writers seeking insights for tapping into your endless reserves of creativity and innovation. As a noted speaker, and prolific blogger, Mr. Kleon offers timeless wisdom on the secrets of borrowing inspiration from your heroes to remix it into your own work in order to create something fresh and original.

Writers aren’t born, they Phone Number List are made. ~ Austin Kleon In this installment of The Writer Files, Austin shares his method of “productive procrastination,” the difference between little writing and Big Writing, the importance of finding the right readers, and his secret of productivity. Join me as we study the dossier of Austin Kleon, writer … About the writer … Who are you and what do you do? I’m a writer who draws. I’ve written two books: Steal Like An Artist, a manifesto for creativity in the digital age, and Newspaper Blackout, a poetry collection made by redacting newspaper articles with a permanent marker.

What is your area of expertise as a writer or online publisher? The Venn diagram of my career is pictures, words, and the web. Where can we find your writing? Your local bookstore, or www.austinkleon.com. The writer’s productivity … How much time, per day, do you spend reading or doing research? 1-3 hours. Before you begin to write, do you have any pre-game rituals or practices? Sadly, no. I’m sure if I did, I’d write more. What’s your best advice for overcoming procrastination? Practice productive procrastination — have 2 or 3 projects going at one time, so if you get sick of one, you can jump over to the other.